Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Preschool

My little boy isn't so little anymore. Patrick just started preschool on Monday. I have been doing preschool at home with him, but I was worried about him and got him tested through the school district. It was found he has some delays, nothing major, but there are things to address now so he won't fall further behind. I decided after much thought and prayer that this is the best path to take. I feel that having some trained professionals work with Patrick with his speech will be the right push he needs.



I'm still pretty sensitive about this subject. Its a sore spot for me because I feel like I have failed my son.It is something that I have spent countless hours crying about because I feel like I should have done better and now my son is paying the price. Anyways, I'm trying to not think along those lines anymore but it is a real challenge for me.

I'm so grateful for this free preschool program. It is comforting to know that the area I live in cares about the children enough to provide a lot of services for them. Patrick goes to preschool several days a week for a couple of hours. He even has a bus that picks him up and drops him off. How cool is that?!? He sure loves the bus.

Right now he is a little hesitant to get on the bus because he wants me or Broden to go with him. It is hard seeing him get upset, but I have been told he calms right down and enjoys the ride. And, it seems he enjoys school too.

I will admit that I cried when Patrick left on his first day. It is hard sending my little boy off to preschool. This is the first time we have been apart for so long and so frequently. But, I try to make use of the time he is gone so I feel a little better about the situation.

Enough of me rambling. Here are some cute pictures! Ian enjoyed the sunny weather while we waited for the bus.


Patrick had fun throwing some rocks into some muddy water.


Last few pictures before the bus arrived.




Anyways, Patrick sure loves his backpack! It is blue with trains, trucks, and cars all over it. All of his favorite things are wrapped up in one backpack!


I can't believe how much he has grown. I'm glad that I have been able to share his baby and toddler years with him. Being a stay at home mom is hard, but it is SO worth it. All of the good moments are totally worth the stressful days. I'm so thankful that Broden works so hard for our family so I can be home with the kids.

Stay tuned because I have some way cute posts coming and posts that provide more information about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment