Tuesday, January 14, 2014

FHE Lessons

I have wondered the last few months if Family Home Evening (FHE) is even making a difference with Patrick. He is just so full of energy that sometimes I don't know if he even is learning something. Yesterday, I mentioned to him that we would be doing Family Home Evening and he quickly, "Jesus. Pictures. I go get them." I was so touched, and was so thrilled when he came by to the living room with the gospel art manual that I got from the Distribution Center (now a part of Deseret Book).

I attempt to do FHE with my kiddos every Monday night. It is really hard because Broden works evenings, and I struggle to keep both kids entertained while I try to teach them something about the gospel. I found that Patrick loves the pictures and I can talk to him about the stories behind the pictures for about 10 minutes. That is amazing considering my boy doesn't like to stop moving.

After the I got the kiddos to bed, I started to think about how I could make my FHE nights a little bit easier. Because I have started doing preschool lessons with Patrick, I decided why not do the same thing with FHE. So now I will plan FHE lesson by picking out monthly themes and planning the lessons according to that theme. I'm going to create a template where I can pick a theme, song, and scripture, and jot down quick little lessons for my family. I will start this up for February and I will post my lessons here on the blog. I'm mainly doing this so I will motivate myself to write the lessons, but I also hope that this will provide some help for others who are also in the same situation as me and struggle finding ways to teach your kiddos about gospel principles.

Be sure to come back and read about my FHE lesson planning experience and how my lessons went!

No comments:

Post a Comment