Friday, November 21, 2014

There Is No Such Thing As Luck

Back in September, we were all outside. Broden and I wanted to get a lot of yard work done. Broden trimmed a lot of dead branches from our trees so we needed to cut them up and put some in the green waste, shred them, and do a burn barrel.

Anyways, I decided to take the kids in to start getting dinner ready. They were having so much fun outside. Patrick was digging in the dirt and playing with his dump truck while Ian explored the yard and occasionally helped Patrick dig in the dirt. When I was collecting the food that I picked from the garden and encouraging the kids to head to the house, that is when I heard Broden shout and turn off the table saw. I immediately felt sick to my stomach as Broden ran to the house.

While I quickly got the kids inside, I waited anxiously to hear how bad Broden cut himself. I was so afraid that he cut off some fingers. However, he only cut one finger and it was still attached to his hand. So I left my chickens and my rabbit in my yard and prayed that nothing would go wrong as I packed up the kids and took Broden to the Instacare. I know....the insta care. But that is what Broden insisted on going. I have to admit that I did speed since Broden wasn't looking the best. After I dropped him off at the instacare, I then took my kids to my mom's place.

Broden was able to get seen right away because he almost passed out from the shock of the accident. Because the doctor said the cut was deeper than she was comfortable stitching, I took him to the ER. After 4.5 hours of waiting, x rays, and stitches, we were able to go home. The amazing thing is that the table saw only nicked the bone and missed his tendons. The doctor told Broden that he was lucky and Broden quickly stated, "There is no such thing as luck." So true. We know that God blessed Broden with a minimal injury.

And nothing happened to my chickens or rabbit. They were safe and sound. Another blessing! So just remember that there really is no such as luck, instead remember that you were blessed and that Heavenly Father is really watching over you!

No comments:

Post a Comment