Monday, November 18, 2013

Egg, Please

Each morning when I ask my Patrick what he wants for breakfast, he asks for an egg with a big grin on his face. He then runs to the fridge and opens it up and quickly points to the eggs and says, "Egg, please". He LOVES eating sunny side up eggs with a piece of toast. He dips his toast into the egg yolk and scraps up the egg white.

This obsession with eggs started a little over a month ago. My family was sitting at the table eating breakfast. I was having sunny side up eggs with toast and he came over to investigate. He then asked if he could try what I was eating. I gladly obliged him, and now he is hooked. Maybe his love for this food item came about because he loves the Dr. Suess book Green Eggs and Ham.

Note: He didn't want a picture taken today because he wanted to start eating!



My other boy, Ian, just enjoys breastmilk which I am so happy about. He won't be getting solid for at least three more months. I like to introduce solid food well after 6 months to avoid the chance of developing food allergies and to allow his digestive system to develop.

Anyway, something he really loves is tummy time. He just loves it and gets so happy when I place him on his stomach. I think he likes it so much because he can see what is going on better. Plus, I have a sneaky suspicion that he wants to get moving so he can follow his big brother around.

What do you enjoy eating? And, what do your kids like to eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment