Monday, November 25, 2013

Creative Listening

My son, Patrick, is gifted mechanically. He can quickly figure out how things work, and gets very determined to find out how things work. Hence, I have to have child proof doorknobs on all my door since he can unlock our door (including the deadbolt) and screen door. I don't want him getting in the garage which is full of Daddy's tools. Patrick looks at things in a different way, and it amazes me how he views the world.

He also loves trucks and cars. He has liked them since he could play with toy cars and point to actual cars and trucks on the streets.

Anyways, the other day when he was done coloring with his crayons (he calls them "colors"), he decided to spread them all around the living room. This didn't make me especially happy because I hate messes. I asked Patrick to pick up his crayons, and I figured he would go around and pick them up and put them back in the box. Well, I was SO wrong.This is how he put away his crayons:





He would gather his crayons, place them in his dump truck, and then dump the crayons into their container using the dump truck. Creative way to follow instructions! Just goes to show that there are numerous ways to tackle problems. Patrick reminds me of a character in one of  his favorite shows. Can you guess which one?? Curious George!!

Thankfully, I only have one mobile boy right now. It will be only a matter of time before Ian gets into everything. Right now he enjoys scooting and grabbing whatever he can. The other day I held a plate of food by him accidentally because I spaced the fact that he is grabbing things. And, within seconds he had a fistful of potato salad. He sure is a cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment