Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Boys

I am completely surrounded by boys! But, I sure wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. They are just so cute and here is the proof:


I can't believe that Ian is almost 6 months old. Time has gone by so fast. He used to be so small, and now he is so interactive and expressive. He loves his bouncer. He will even bounce himself to sleep. This makes nap times really easy sometimes. I had to include a picture of Ian's wide eyes because it is just so hilarious. My one sister has nicknamed him "wide eyes" because he does this so often. Right now Ian is trying so hard to crawl because he wants to keep up with his big brother, Patrick.


Patrick is still a very curious and determined young toddler. He insists on understanding how everything works and wants to do things his way. He tests my patience on a regular basis and I' working hard on staying calm with him and not getting upset over trivial things that don't matter. On New Year's Eve, Patrick rediscovered his Halloween costume that he wore and he insisted on wearing it all day long. He even took his nap in it. He had fun playing in it all day.


Patrick will be 3 in March, and I want to cry about that fact. I am happy he is growing up and is healthy, but I miss those baby stages with him. I guess I have to be extremely grateful that Broden works so hard to provide for our family that I can be a stay at home mother. I'm thankful for the chance to see my kids grow up and get to share so many experiences with them. I only hope they cherish these times too. I worry that I'm not doing a good job as a mother. I'm trying so hard to do a better job at raising them and caring for them.

I'm so grateful that I have these boys in my life! There are days that are hard, but there are so many days that are so wonderful. I'm working hard on teaching myself to focus on the good and not the bad.  When I do this, then I start to see that there are many beautiful things that happen on the terrible days.


No comments:

Post a Comment