Monday, December 23, 2013

5 Years

Last Friday, the 20th, marked five years of being married to Broden. I can't believe we have been married for 5 years. I know to many people this is a small number, but it is a big number to us. We have had good times as well as rough times. Despite the rough storms we have weathered, I am so grateful that I married Broden. The trials we have experience have only made us stronger. I personally feel that I don't deserve Broden because he is too good for me. In the words of Broden, "God loves you.". God sure does!

Our anniversary was a really special one because we finally got to spend time together. Because of Broden's work schedule, we haven't been on a date for over 3 months. I was so happy when I found out he was able to get the day off so we could celebrate our special day. Other years, Broden had to work.

We wanted to make it special so we decided to go do sealings at the Logan Temple. I wanted to hear the sealing words again and help other married couples to be married for time and all eternity. It was such a beautiful experience. When we got married, I decided that I would get married in my temple dress. I did this so that every time I go to the temple, I would remember that I got married in it. I am so happy that I did this because I got to do sealings in the dress I was married in!While we were at the temple, we met the cutest older couple who were also celebrating their 56th anniversary. It was so cute to watch them interact with each other and see how time has strengthened their love for each other. I hope Broden and I will become like that couple.

Broden gave me a beautiful gift. He had a jeweler custom make a pea pod to hold our two pearls that we got in Hawaii during our honeymoon (our trip to Hawaii was on our first anniversary; our original honeymoon got canceled due to severe winter storms).


While in Hawaii, we decided to open up a oyster. In the oyster were two golden pearls. It was so exciting to have two of them. The lady told us that the golden pearls meant wealth and prosperity and that because there were two of them, then our prosperity would be doubled (one can only hope that this will come true). She also told us that twins are in our future (we will have to wait and see about that one).

Some of meanings of the gold pearls are: Riches, Wealth, Prosperity, Freedom, Success, Love, Illumination, Compassion, Self-Esteem, Courage, Passion, Wisdom.

I really needed this day to rejuvenate my tired soul. It has been a boost to my spirits and I have been feeling better since. I am so grateful to have Broden in my life because he has showed me that happily ever afters do exist! I am also grateful for the knowledge that Broden and I are sealed for time and all eternity and that we will be together forever.

Speaking of forever, I got Broden wood letters that spell out forever. This word has a special meaning for us because while we were dating, we didn't know what our future will be like due to my health problems. I gave me the wood letters because the modern gift for the 5th anniversary is wood and I thought this would be a fun project for us to paint/stain the letters and hang them up in our room.

Anyways, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment