Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ride

Broden was actually home on the weekend. Amazing, huh?!? We decided we wanted to do something as a family because we rarely get to do anything fun. We read about how our town was doing an activity up at a ranch in the canyon for free. This activity included seeing the elk and going on a sleigh ride. We decided to go to the ranch and check it out. It was very cold and snowy. Ian was in Daddy's coat covered in the blanket the entire time. The only time he was out of the blanket was for this picture!

At first I kind of thought it was dumb. The sleigh ride wasn't that impressive and I didn't really care about elk. However, when I saw how excited Patrick, I realized that I was being negative about our outing.


Patrick was so escastic to go on the sleigh ride and wanted to stay on the wagon. He kept telling me, "Ride. Ride." And, he loved looking at the elk and was thrilled at the fact that we got pretty close to them.

Here is a picture of what the sleigh ride looked like. 






I learned an important lesson from my son today. I need to look at the world through the eyes of a child. I tend to look at things so logically that it takes away the beauty and fun of the moment. I got to take a step back and see the wonder of the mountains surrounding me, the thrill of a chilly sleigh ride, and the awe of the elk.

This is one family outing that I will treasure! I'm so thankful that Patrick was able to teach me to enjoy the moment and see the beauty that is in front of my eyes. Every time I look at these pictures, I sure see the awe that filled my son's eyes when we did this activity.

How do you treasure the moment?


No comments:

Post a Comment